Thursday, September 30, 2010

Week 8, Day 4: Kristin

Today has been incredibly full. It started off a little slow, mostly because I didn't get a good night's sleep because my daughter had another one of her night terrors. She slept with me, which makes for sleepless nights. She's kind of a bed hog. :-)

Since I moved today's strength training to yesterday, I still needed to do the 45 minutes of cross-training from yesterday, plus I had the 3 miles on the schedule to run. I started off this morning with the cross-training. I have a 40 minute workout DVD, so I did that. I know that doesn't equal 45 minutes of cross-training. So sue me. Whatever.

Then, after I took my daughter to school, I did my 3 miles. I have it mapped out where I can run, and it's not just 3 miles. I don't like to just stop in the middle of the sidewalk and try to judge if I've run 3 miles, so I end up just running to the stoplight. That pushes it to 3.2 miles every time. So, I guess that *sort of* makes up for the 5 minutes that I didn't do on the cross-training.

As an added bonus, on my run, I was yelled at by a car of teenaged boys. I assume that it was done to try to scare me or something. Sorry guys, FAIL. Yelling, "HEY!" out the window isn't going to scare me. What does scare me is the giant dog that barks every time I pass his yard. I know there's a privacy fence that he can't jump over, but his bark shakes me to the core. Every. Single. Time. You'd think I'd just cross the street and run on that side, but I haven't quite done that yet. Smart. I know.

Today's Successes:

Cross-training = 40 minutes
Today's run = 3.2 miles (3 miles running, 0.2 miles walking)
Total time on run = 31 minutes (!!)

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment