Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 7, Day 4: Kristin

Well, today's schedule has us doing 3 miles + strength training. BUT, since Joyful and I are doing the Komen Race for the Cure this Saturday, we've decided to move our long run of 6 miles (which was scheduled for Saturday) to today. Logically speaking, not a terrible idea. For me, it was stupid!

I'm fine, but my legs are incredibly sore and tired. Not only did I run 6 miles today, but I ran 4 yesterday. So, in two days, I ran 10 miles. Am I nuts or what?!? The "fun" part of it is, that once I got home and was taking all of my running gear off to get in the shower, I looked down and my sock was a little discolored. So, when I took my sock off, I noticed what the problem was. My toe was bleeding. Guess I'm officially a runner now! Apparently my toenail was rubbing one of my toes so much that it cut into it. My nails aren't long or anything gross like that, it was just the constant agitation from two days of long runs. Needless to say, I was grossed out, kind of shocked, and actually a little impressed.

Today's run:

Total distance = 6.1 miles: 5.2 running, 0.9 walking
Total time = Ready for it??? 74 minutes (!!!!!!!!)

Side note: I really enjoy running. Seriously. But I think I'm going to have to start icing my knees after our long runs or I'm not going to enjoy it for much longer.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment