Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 4, Day 7: Kristin

I have had to be creative all week when it comes to this training schedule. Having my son home three out of the five school days has thrown a wrench into everything, so I did the best I could this week.

Here's what I had left to do this week: Saturday's 2 mile run and today's 40 minute cross-training.

Here's what I did: I ran 2 miles and then decided that mowing the lawn could count as my cross-training. I don't care what anyone else says, pushing the lawn mower back and forth is quite a workout, especially on a sloped front yard.

Today's run didn't go smoothly. While I was able to run all of it, and in a good time, I almost bit it out there...hard! Apparently my foot struck a part of the sidewalk that I always seem to avoid well. Today, my toe clipped that part that was sticking up and I almost tumbled to the ground. I was able to keep myself up, and going forward, but my toe sure is killing me after that whole debacle.

Mowing the lawn was another complete fiasco. I had fully intended to do both front and back, but now I can't because right as I was finishing up the front lawn, I stepped in a hole and twisted my ankle. Luckily we've got a day to rest (-ish) so that I don't have to run on it right away. So, I got my workouts in, but they weren't pretty.

Today's cross-training = 40 minutes (barely)

Today's run:
Total distance = 2 miles: all running
Total time = 21 minutes

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment