Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 7, Day 4: Joyful

I JUST WALKED SIX MILES!

I am tired as all get out, but I feel good.  This was actually a jump in mileage for me, since I broke up the five miles we had to do last Saturday.  So, I jumped from four to six miles.  It was definitely a challenge of endurance, but I worked at a strong, brisk pace for the whole distance.

At mile four I tried a berry-flavored goo packet for nutrition.  The consistency was gross, but it was gone in two swallows.  Because this is my longest distance to date, I don't know how it helped me.  Not to say that it didn't, I just have nothing to compare it to.

ALSO!  There was a Code Brown situation a mile in.  Thank GOD it's too hot to be outside today, because that would have ruined my momentum.

Tomorrow's a rest day, then Saturday is the Race for the Cure 5k.

Here's the rundown for today:

6 miles
1 hour, 59 minutes
746 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment