Thursday, September 2, 2010

Week 4, Days 3 & 4: Joyful

I've been kind of pissy and frustrated all week, and that attitude has affected my workouts this week.  I used Tuesday as my rest day instead of Friday.  

That means that yesterday was run day, and I was supposed to do a 2-mile run.  I ended up walking and only a mile at that.  I'll pick up the extra mile on Friday.  

Today I just did another Wii Fit workout. 

I finally made made it to Fleet Feet to see what type of shoes I need to prevent pain during my runs.  Turns out I need a shoe with more stability than I'd had previously.  So I officially have new shoes and new orthopedic insoles.  They told me to just use the shoes without the insoles for a few runs, then ease into the insoles.  Like an idiot I got right onto the treadmill with both shoes and insoles.  My calves didn't hurt as bad, but I was definitely in some pain and it was just really, really uncomfortable.  I'll do it right for tomorrow's run.

Here's the breakdown:

Yesterday-
1 mile, 19 minutes, 124 calories burned

Today- 
Wii Fit, 35 minutes, 161 calories burned

No comments:

Post a Comment