Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 5, Day 2: Kristin

Today, I went to Fleet Feet and bought myself some good running shoes. I tried on several pair, after the guy watched me run on the treadmill to see what jacked up things my feet do while I run, and we finally found the right pair. Amazingly, they ended up being a pair of Adidas. I have never worn Adidas running shoes. Honestly, though, they feel like I don't even have any shoes on, which the guy at the store assured me was a great sign.

Let me tell you, I LOVE THESE SHOES!! They don't look fantastic, but they sure feel it. It was one of the best runs I've had. My calf muscles felt like they'd been worked out more than ever today. I'm not sure if that's from the shoes or what, but I'm very pleased.

Today's run:

Total distance = 2 miles: all running
Total time = 21 minutes (!!)

Side note: I came extra close to runner's trots today. I should have waited longer after lunch to run, and I probably really shouldn't have eaten Pei Wei for lunch. Didn't happen, but came very close. Very. Close.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment