Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 6, Day 6: Joyful

Finally!  A workout post from me!

This is actually for yesterday's workout.  Like Kristin I was just too tired to post last night.

I am *still* suffering the lingering effects of strep throat, unfortunately.  The doctor told me that I might be able to do the five miles that was on the schedule, but that I just had to listen to my body and be careful.  I knew going in that I'd have to take it really easy.  I did two easy miles yesterday morning in about 45 minutes.  I didn't push myself at all and felt pretty good after I was done.

Kristin and Cory came over later in the day and the three of us went to the apartment gym to workout together.  We'd wanted to go outside, but between my illness and the heat, I really didn't think it was a good idea.  I finished my last three miles in just under an hour.

My overall time is horrible, but I have talked myself into being content with the fact that I still managed to walk five miles after being really sick. Yesterday was noteworthy not only because it had the first 5-miler on our schedule, but it was also the first time Kristin and I have ever trained together.  I lament the fact that I wasn't able to push myself harder.

Five miles, nonetheless.  It's great to start to get back into the workout routine.  I've really missed it.

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Calories burned: 589!!

No comments:

Post a Comment