Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 6, Day 6: Kristin

I did this yesterday, with Joy, but got home too late to post this last night. It was our 5 mile run day, and I was really, really looking forward to it. I've been looking forward to it all week. I know, I know, I'm a sicko. But that's how far I've come in all of this.

We went to the gym at Joy's apartment complex. I haven't done anything on a treadmill in months. I prefer running outside to anything else, so it was a bit of an adjustment for me. It wasn't bad or anything, just not what I'm used to.

Today's run:

Total distance = 5 miles: 4.6 running, 0.4 walking (!!)
Total time = 58 minutes (the treadmill said 67 minutes, but we weren't even in the gym for that long so...)

Side note: I still prefer running outside to running on a treadmill. I can go faster on a treadmill, but there's something about being outside, in nature, that just feels amazing when I'm running. I love it. I look forward to it. Weird.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment