Sunday, October 3, 2010

What's Going On??

Ever have one of those days where nothing just seemed to go as planned? Well, I've had two of those: yesterday and today.

Yesterday, my son woke me up in the wee hours of the morning with an excruciating headache. He was then sick for most of the day. Now, I know my hubby was home (very rare) and I could have gone for my run. But when kids are sick, who do they want? Their moms. Later on in the day, I started to feel not so hot.

Which then leads to today. I didn't sleep well at all last night. Just really not feeling like myself, not 100%. And I had every intention of waking up early to get in my 4 miles before we went to church, but it just didn't happen (mostly from the bad night's sleep). Then, I decided I was going to run this evening, if I was feeling better. Well, I'm just not.

I don't like missing my workouts. It makes me angry. It makes me feel useless or worthless, or both. I probably beat myself up too much about it. But the way I see it is, I've made a commitment to something and I should see it through. I should give my best effort, at all times, to do what I know I can do. I'm not sick sick, but I don't feel great. Running would only make what's going on worse, so I don't want to push it. It's physical, not emotional or psychological or anything like that. So don't worry. And I'm sure I'll be fine in a day or two.

I'm really going to try to run 4 miles tomorrow, but I can't promise anything.

I just wanted to let everybody know that I'm not flaking out on this. It really does bother me when I can't do the things on our training schedule. I want everything to work out the best way possible, and I feel like if I don't just push through whatever this is, then I'm failing. But, seriously, if I didn't think it would make it worse, I would. Seriously.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment