Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 4: Days 5-7: Joyful

Wow, I'm really glad last week was a light week - it was just really hectic, hence the belated posting.

Friday I walked the two miles on the schedule, then the extra mile I had left over from Wednesday.

Saturday Billy and I were out all day, and when we got back to the house I had a migraine.  I crashed at 8pm without having done an official workout for the day.  (Although Billy and I did a LOT of walking around earlier in the day.)

So, on Sunday I was left with a 40-minute cross training session and a two-mile walk/run.  I felt great Sunday morning and was ambitious, so I did 40 minutes of Wii Fit aerobics and then hopped right onto the treadmill for the 2-mile walk.  The walk was easy, but because I had been going for over an hour non-stop, the last 10 minutes of the walk were bad.  I had no energy (despite the slow speed) and was pretty shaky when I finished.  I needed to have some food or some type of fuel somewhere in there.

Rundown:

Friday-
3 mile walk, 58 minutes, 361 calories burned

Sunday-
Wii Fit, 40 minutes, 171 calories burned
2 mile walk, 42 minutes, 232 calories burned

That afternoon I did a bunch of stretching.  I'm still impressed with my increased flexibility as the weeks wear on.

Here we are, now, in Week 5 (I can't believe it!), and the Race for the Cure 5k is two and a half weeks away and the Tulsa Run is just seven and a half weeks away!  NINE FREAKIN MILES!!

We got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment