Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week 3, Day 4: Kristin

Today is a run + strengthening day. It's a two-mile run plus strengthening exercises.

I went ahead and knocked out my strengthening exercises before I took my daughter to school. I was only able to get through 12 minutes, though, because my stomach is still pretty sore from the other day's strengthening exercises. Also, my knees weren't feeling so hot today.

For my run, I did the regular route I do for my 2 miles. When I only had 0.5 miles left to run, I decided to kick it up a gear. I ran harder than I have in quite some time. I'm incredibly out of breath, and probably really gonna pay for it later, but I did it.

Today's Strengthening:
  • Set One
  1. 15 regular push-ups
  2. 15 regular crunches
  3. 15 back extensions
  4. 15 modified lunges
  • Set Two
  1. 15 push-ups with elbows along sides
  2. 15 leg lifts
  3. 15 two-legged bridges
  4. 15 reverse modified lunges
Total time = 12 minutes

Today's Run:
Total distance = 2 miles: all running
Total time = 21 minutes (!!)

Side note: While you may have a rockin' body at 60, and you're super tan, it's still not very classy to be outside in your bikini mowing your front lawn. Just my opinion, though.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment