Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week 1, Day 4: Kristin

Today is a run + strength day. For my strengthening exercises, I used a "No Excuses Workout" that Joyful sent me via email this morning. It has a quick little 5 minute warm-up, and then 4 different routines. I've decided to take it easy today, so I did the warm-up, and the first of the 4 routines. I'll add another "set" each day I'm scheduled to do strengthening exercises.

Today's Strengthening:

5 minute warm-up = jogging in place, and some shadow boxing
6 minute Set One = 15 regular push-ups, 15 regular crunches, 15 back extensions, and 15 modified lunges

The "run" part of the day is a 2 mile run. I just did the same route that I ran on Tuesday, so no surprises there.

Today's Run:

Total distance = 2 miles: 1.65 miles running, 0.35 miles walking
Total time = 24 minutes

Tried some Band-Aid Friction Block today because I don't have any Body Glide yet. I have to say, it made a little bit of a difference.

Side note: MAN, it's hot out there!!

-Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I love,love, love those No Excuses Workouts (or NEWOs, as we call them over here). They are super easy to fit into the day, so there truly is no excuse not to do it! So proud of you for getting out there in this heat! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete