Saturday, August 14, 2010

Week 1, Day 6: Joyful

Today was a 2-mile run and the strength training session that I moved from Thursday.

I knocked out my two miles this afternoon.  It was a fairly easy workout, but I am frustrated that I'm not able to run as far as I'd like.  Before my month off I was able to run 3-5 consecutive minutes, which was a victory for me.  Today I had an asthma attack about 10 minutes in and had to use my rescue inhaler before I could continue.  At the end of my two miles, I'd only ran about five total minutes overall.  I felt like I could have easily kept walking, but running was terribly difficult.

I'm going to keep at it and hopefully my lungs will get back into shape so I can start running at least as much as walking.

I managed 24 of my 30 minutes of strength training.  I lacked those six minutes because I ran out of exercises that I remembered.  I need to get online and get a few more so I can just do my own home-version of circuit training.  I am very pleased that my breathing was much more in control than when I'd done weights in the past.  Instead of nearly passing out, I concentrated on breathing in and out at the right time and visualizing my muscles expanding and contracting to lift and hold the weights.  Nerdy, but it worked!

Distance: 2 miles (mostly walking)
Time: 37 min.

push-ups - 25
bicep curls - 50 ea. arm
crunches - 50
back extensions - 50
standing calf raises - 25
bench press - 50
lunges - 15 ea. leg
overhead press - 50
tricep extensions- 35 ea. arm


Great day, overall!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! I didn't make it through 2 sets of that workout list you gave me for my strengthening. You did 24 minutes! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete