Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 2, Day 7: Joyful

So, today has been much better than yesterday in my world of marathon training.  Kristin and I brainstormed last night on different things I could do during my running workouts to try and see more improvement.  Logically I know that I *have* to get better over time and this is still just the end of the second week of official training.  Nonetheless, I'm really glad that there's not a run on the schedule until Tuesday.

On today's schedule was Cross Training, then I had my strength training from Thursday left to do still.

I knocked out a Wii Fit workout this morning for the Cross Training.  No big deal.

This afternoon I completed a Weights Workout.  All dumbbell exercises were using 4-pound dumbbells unless otherwise noted.

50 butterfly curls
50 crunches
50 shoulder presses
50 leg lifts, ea. leg
25 bicep curls, ea. arm - 8-lb. dumbbells
25 tricep extensions
25 push-ups


Rundown:

Wii Workout - 31 minutes, 130 calories burned
Weights - 25 minutes, 123 calories burned

Total: 56 minutes, 253 calories burned

No comments:

Post a Comment