Thursday, August 19, 2010

Week 2, Day 4: Kristin

Today is a 2 mile run + strength day. I did my run first, which may have been a good thing, but I'm still not sure.

On my run, I actually ran all 2 miles, straight through!! I'm so incredibly proud of myself. I'm also quite impressed with my time. According to my watch, I ran it in 10 minutes. I know that's not true, though, because after I was through my first mile, I checked my watch and it was stuck at the time I started. Somehow it ended up working again, and I did it in 10 minutes! I wish!! My real time is quite impressive, too. I'll post that at the end.

I added another set to my strength training, making it through 3 sets.

Strengthening:
  • Set One
  1. 15 regular push-ups
  2. 15 regular crunches
  3. 15 back extensions
  4. 15 modified lunges
  • Set Two
  1. 15 push-ups w/ elbows along sides
  2. 15 leg lifts
  3. 15 two-legged bridges
  4. 15 reverse modified lunges
  • Set Three
  1. 15 tricep push-ups
  2. 15 oblique crunches
  3. 20 one-legged bridges
  4. 15 modified squats
Total time for Strengthening Exercises = 18 minutes

Today's Run:
Total distance = 2 miles
Total time = 22 minutes!!!!

Side note: Don't drink a 20 oz. Coke Zero right before you go out to do your run. It's not wise.

-Kristin

2 comments:

  1. OMG! 22 MINUTES?!?!? That's so freaking awesome, Kristin! I am so, so proud of you!!!

    Since the "offial" clock said 10 minutes, though, I think you should go with that! :)

    ReplyDelete