Saturday, August 14, 2010

Week 1, Day 6: Kristin

Yesterday was our rest day. In case you were wondering where our posts were.

Today was not a good day for me. I woke up to a house with a broken air conditioner. I spent all morning waiting for the AC guy to come and fix what we knew was broken all along. It really threw my day off. I was almost to the point that I wasn't going to do my 2 mile run today. I just thought, "Nope. It's not happening today."

I'm glad that I didn't give up. I decided that I would get myself and the kids out of the house. We went to lunch with my parents and I got my second wind. I drove all the way out to Sperry, where my parents live, and had the kids play at their house while I did my 2 miles.

It was a rough one. It was 105 degrees, and who knows what the heat index was. I'm gonna make a guess and say it was in the 115 range. I only ran about 1.1 miles, but I'm gonna blame it on a combination of things: my attitude, the heat, and my ginormous lunch.

Needless to say, this is one run I would like to forget quickly.

Total distance = 2 miles: 1.1 miles running, 0.9 miles walking
Total time = 24 minutes

Side note: don't honk at people who are running in the road, especially when they move out of your way. It only pisses them off and makes their difficult run a little worse.

1 comment:

  1. I am *so* proud of you for still doing your run!!! Even though I worry about you when you run out in this heat, I am so proud of you for sticking to your commitment when it would have been really easy to just call it a day. Don't beat yourself up about how far you ran - you did your 2 miles, and that's what was on the schedule! You still ran farther than I did, and outside no less! BE PROUD!

    ReplyDelete