Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First run on the Official Training Program

Was going to do another video diary, but I'm not going to make you look at my face more than once a day.

So today is technically Day 2 of the Training Program that Kristin and I are using to prepare for the Tulsa Run (and ultimately the Miami Marathon).  The schedule called for a 2-mile run/walk.

I was pumped all day about getting home and hopping on the treadmill.  I was doing 1:1 running/walking intervals, then about 2/3 of a mile in, my right arch and heel began hurting to the point I couldn't run without major pain.  I ended up walking for 16 minutes according to my iPod, and during the last quarter mile or so I started doing some more intervals.  I have *got* to get new shoes.  I have way too many miles on the ones I'm currently using.

The good news, during my running intervals I was running considerably faster than I have been.  At 5 mph instead of the usual 4-4.5 mph.  (Still just jogging, really, but cut me some slack.)

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 35 (plus 5 min. each for warm-up/cool-down)
Mph: 17.5

Tomorrow is cross-training day!

No comments:

Post a Comment