Thursday, August 19, 2010

Week 2, Day 4: Joyful

I looked at the training schedule wrong and was prepared for a 3-mile run today, but it was just a 2-miler.  WOOT!

Kristin suggested that to help solve my pacing issues that I pick up my feet and make the jogging motion while still moving at my brisk walking pace.  No, I won't better my time, but I'll get my body used to motion I want it to be making.

I tried this today, and I feel like it might work.  My time still stinks, but I was able to do this slow jog for 10 consecutive minutes, then off and on for the rest of the workout.  In all, I did about half my workout this way, moving at least as fast as my brisk walking pace (3.2-3.5 mph).  My calves and ankles had some new pains, but I can really see increasing my speed this way.  So THANKS, KRISTIN!!

Also, so my time doesn't look *quite* as bad, my 5-minute warm-up is included in this time, which was at just 2.5 mph.  I usually don't count this in my mileage, but I forgot to reset both my Ipod and my treadmill.

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 38
19-minute mile

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! It may not seem like it now, but I promise your pace will get better. Love you, dearie!

    ReplyDelete