Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week 2, Day 2: Joyful

Our training schedule has us upping our mileage to three miles each workout this week.  It went well today, I suppose, but I am having difficulty getting my body back into running.  Fast walking is almost pushing it, even.  If it's not my asthma, it's my heart.  I'm trying to be patient, but at this point a half-marathon seems near impossible.   Not to mention the fact that I'm calling myself a "runner" despite the fact that I'm not exactly running. Bleh.

I did my three miles, nonetheless.  I feel pretty good, albeit sore from the weight training.  I managed several running intervals, all at about a minute each.

Distance - 3 miles
Time - 58 minutes
19.3 min/mile

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Joyful! I am so proud of you!! Please don't get down on yourself. I'm calling myself a runner also, and I am about half-jogging. We're doing it. And we're doing it together. Keep at it! I love you, girlfriend!! <3

    ReplyDelete