Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Week 3, Day 2: Joyful

Just got off the treadmill from a 3-mile walk.  At least I'm pretty sure it was three miles, as I accidentally hit reset on the treadmill somewhere into the first mile.

Tried a few jogging intervals, but could barely make it to 2 minutes on them because of pain in my calves and inner arches of my feet.  Our training guide says not to be afraid of walking the scheduled mileage, so that's what I did after the second or third painful jogging interval.  After that I felt great.

I think the shoes I have now are just going to have to be walking shoes.  That sucks, because I just bought them, but they really do feel great at a brisk walking pace.  When I have some funds next week I'll go to Fleet Feet and have them watch me run so I can hopefully get into a shoe that isn't painful.

My time still sucks, but it does include 10 additional minutes for warm-up/cool-down.  No worries. I hit my mileage, then took the time to stretch afterward - which felt a-MAZ-ing!

Walking: 55 minutes, 325 calories burned
Distance:  3 miles (??)
Calories burned: 325

Stretching: 10 minuntes, 57 calories burned

Total: 65 minutes, 382 calories burned

No comments:

Post a Comment