Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week 2, Day 6: Joyful

Today was rough.  Had a 3-miler and strength training.

After my warm-up, I did my jogged slowly for about 12 minutes, then walked for about five minutes.  When I started slow jogging again my calves were burning and my ankles were sore, so before the end of two minutes, I was walking again.  I made it to a mile, and stepped off the treadmill to take a quick break to get my mind in a better place.

I get back in there and am just miserable.  I'm tired, lagging, and sore.  I start to get really pissed off about how crappy and slow it's going - I feel like I'm never going to make it to three miles.  At 1.5 miles, I just start sprinting to try and run off the negative energy and rack up some distance. This little angry outburst lasted about a minute.  So, I just walked the last half of my miserable three miles and pretty much pouted that it's not going as well as I would like.

I feel like I'm all heart and no natural ability.  And since being a cheerleader is the closest I've ever gotten to being an athlete, I just don't know if working out six days a week and having the desire to become a runner is enough to make it so.

I'm just kind of pissy about it right now, so I'm going to do the strength training tomorrow.  I really enjoy strength training, so hopefully my attitude will be better in the morning.

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 59 minutes   <--- CRAP TIME!
20 minute miles

P.S. To add insult to injury, when I posted this workout to Daily Mile, it added a hunched over person with a cane next to my stats.  Apparently Daily Mile is equally unimpressed with me.  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment