Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Week 9, day 2: Joyful

This is for yesterday's workout, a 3-mile run.

Because the weather was cool enough, I hit the pavement and did my first outside training run.  I ran the perimeter of the golf course. 

The time went by so much more quickly than it does on the treadmill!  There was a slight breeze, the smell of fall was literally in the air, and it was glorious!  Halfway in, my right ankle was giving me enough trouble that I had considered walking the last half, but I got a second wind and pushed through.  Overall, I'd say I really only walked about 1 mile the entire way. 

I noticed a pain on my right foot during the last half mile, and when I got home I discovered that I'd acquired my very first running blister.  I've been initiated into the Official Runners Club, LOL.

It was about 75° out, and I think that's about the max temp for me to be able to run outside, for not at least.  I ended up a heat headache.  It ended up being the worst headache I've ever had.  I was up till at least 1:30 because it hurt to lie down or do anything else.  That makes me sad because the temps for the rest of the week are supposed to be in the mid 80s.  Boo!

Despite the heat sickness, it was a great workout!  Oh, and I shaved 9 minutes off of my average time for this distance!  WOOT!

3 miles
51 minutes
332 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment