Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week 11, Day 2: Kristin

One more week and then it's the Tulsa Run!!! I can't believe it's almost here. This is the first real test for me. I'll be able to see if this half marathon is really doable or if I'm just kidding myself.

This week is going to be a hectic one. It's only Tuesday and it already has, but it's just going to get crazier because the kids have Fall Break at the end of the week. So, I'm going to move Thursday's run to Wednesday, I think. If I can find someone to watch the kids for me for a little bit, I can just keep the schedule sort of normal. If not, then I'll have to move it to Wednesday. Also, on Saturday, Alex has a basketball evaluation, so I'm going to have to figure out when I'll be able to do my 8 miles.

Yesterday was really not a good day. I had intended to do the stretching and strengthening that was on the schedule, but I got a call to pick up my daughter early from school. Apparently she was sick. I'm still not 100% convinced that it was a real sickness, or if she is upset by this boy who's been tormenting her at school, but regardless I wasn't able to do the training during my normal time. So, I was going to save it for after the kids got out of school. Nope. Didn't happen. Just as I finished my homework, our electricity went out here at the house. Someone had run into a electric pole which knocked the power out to my whole neighborhood. It took more than 2 hours to get it back on, so we went to stay with my grandparents for awhile. Once we got home, I was way too tired to do anything. So, I put it off until today.

Today was also a 5 mile run day. And it was raining. BUT, I did do my run. Luckily, my husband was off of work today so I was able to get the run in early this morning and had the afternoon free to spend with him. It was refreshing to run in the rain, but the raincoat I was wearing was very heavy. I need to find something I can wear when it rains that doesn't way 1000 pounds. I think it slowed me down some. Or maybe that's in my head, but it sure felt like it.

Today's successes:
5 minutes stretching
50 squats
50 calf raises
50 2-legged bridges
50 oblique crunches

Today's run summary:
Total distance = 5 miles: all running!!!
Total time = 61 minutes

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment