Saturday, October 16, 2010

Week 10, Days 5 and 6: Kristin

Day 5:
Yesterday was a "rest" day on the training schedule. But, since I wasn't feeling well on Wednesday, I still had that day's 45 minute cross-training to do. For that, I decided to force my kids to exercise. :-) We went for a walk around the neighborhood, but we walked further than they ever wanted to. It was good for them, and I really enjoyed it.

It took us all of the 45 minutes to walk 2.3 miles, but it was worth it. They weren't happy about having to walk that much, but it was an experience. I loved it!

Cross-training:
Total distance = 2.3 miles of walking
Total time = 45 minutes

Day 6:
Today is our 7 mile day. I decided that Joy and I needed to do this together. I wanted to push her harder than she's gone before, and I just really wanted to have another training session with her. It was great. I wish we could have run more of it, but I understand that that's going to come with time. For me, the time wasn't what I had hoped it would have been. However, my experience out there with her MORE THAN makes up for the slower time. I love her, and I am so proud of her for pushing through like we did.

My body did some weird things while we were out there today, too. It was very cold this morning. I mean, VERY cold. And I was in my running tank. Not a smart idea, but I didn't think it was going to be THAT cold. So my arms hurt, like really hurt, for most of our time out there. It was like little needles on the back sides of my arms. Weird. My left thumb was numb for a good part of the run also. And to add insult to injury (I suppose) my left big toe decides that it's going to start hurting too. Not sure what that's all about, but it's still hurting and I'm not sure what happened. I don't know what could have caused it or how to remedy it. Hopefully it'll be better in the morning. We shall see.

I'm not really sure how much of the 7 miles was walking and how much was actual running. I'm gonna guess that we ran about 2.5 miles of it, but again, that's a guess.

Total distance = 7 miles (!!): about 2.5 running, about 4.5 walking
Total time = 1 hour 56 minutes

Next time we do 7 miles, our time will be much, much better! I know it!!

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment