Sunday, October 3, 2010

Meh.

So, I didn't post this on Thursday because I wasn't feeling it (lazy).  But I didn't do the regularly scheduled routine, which was 3 miles and some strength training.

What I *did* do on Thursday was the Omni-a-Thon at my job, which was a 5-event relay to raise money for United Way.  The challenges were designed to strip away the dignity of the competitors and to entertain the spectators.  They were indeed hilarious and fun, but I was surprisingly exhausted after both rounds of events.  I truly needed a shower, but unfortunately had to sit at my desk and work for the remainder of the day.

Anyhoo, in the end I concluded that the Omni-a-Thon was my Thursday workout.

Friday we had a rest day.

Yesterday I made the conscious decision to move my workout (4 miles) to today.

Today I have felt like crap.  Gastrointestinal issues and lethargy.  Because the weather is beautiful I was really looking forward to doing my miles outside.  However, because of my stomach issues, I regretfully decided I should stay near a bathroom.  I managed two painfully slow miles on the treadmill, but I was out after that.  I started to feel clammy and lightheaded, so I stopped.  I was going to try to get back on for the other two miles, but I just haven't felt like I could complete them.

So, I missed a workout and a half, but I managed two miles.  Like Kristin, I really beat myself up if I'm not able to do what's on the schedule.  Unlike Kristin, I rarely have time during the week to make up missed workouts between work and school.  So, I'm going to have to call it good, otherwise tomorrow's workout will suffer, too.

This is me making an effort to forgive myself for not achieving what is on the schedule, and knowing that perfection doesn't exist.  Tomorrow is another day with new opportunities.  I'm going to make a concerted effort to drown out the negativity in my head.

2 miles
45 minutes  :(
283 calories

1 comment:

  1. Joy, like I posted to Kristin (somewhat). You guys are doing a great thing. Forget about past missed workouts and move forward, remember your goal. It is better to get out and do something, than to do nothing. I know it is frustrating to get off your schedule, but you can't get those days back no matter how angry you are with yourself. It will do you no good to worry about it. There are so many people who make excuses about why they can't. You two are making an effort and shouldn't let the little hiccups get you down. You are motivating each other and holding each other accountable, so don't let anything hold you back. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete