Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 9, Day 1: Kristin

Welcome to a fresh start!

I had a long, hard talk with myself last night when I was getting into bed. I decided this: I've come too far to beat myself up for missing 2 workouts. Two! We've been at this for 8 weeks now, starting on our 9th week, and there's no reason why missing 2 workouts will set me back tremendously. I need to lighten up on myself...a lot! I'm just going to move on from last week(end) and start over with this week. This week will be a repeat of last week's schedule, so I will do what I can to make sure that I complete everything on the schedule...starting with today.

It's a stretching and strengthening day. I decided to change it up, some.

Here's what I did:
5 minutes of stretching
50 bicep curls for each arm (10 lb. dumbbell)
50 calf raises
50 squats
50 oblique crunches
50 2-legged bridges

This week is going to be much better. I'm putting that statement out there. It will be.

-Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Kristin. You're right, it's not worth giving up now. Don't worry about the past (the 2 missed workouts), focus on the future, and remember your goal. I missed a week of running, then came back last week to do 3 3-4 mile training runs, a 10k race on Saturday and an 8 mile run yesterday. I'm hurting today, but I didn't let that week off turn into anymore time off. The worst thing you can do is allow a little hiccup in your training turn into a failure to move forward. Keep it up, you've come a long way!

    ReplyDelete