Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 12, Days 1-3: Kristin

Well, this Saturday is the Tulsa Run 15K! I'm super excited!! This is the first "big" test in our training for the half-marathon. If we can get through this, we only have to run 4 more miles for the half, so we know we can do it.

Here's what I've done so far this week:

Day 1
This is a stretching and strengthening day. I did a lot more stretching than I'm used to because my thighs are so sore from last Saturday's 8-miler. I did more calf raises and crunches than normal, but I kept it sort of light in the other areas because my muscles were still very sore.

Totals:
10 minutes stretching
100 calf raises
50 squats
100 oblique crunches

Day 2
This was a 3 mile run day. I figured "easy-peasy," right? Wrong. See, I had gotten sick, again, so my lung strength wasn't where it should have been. It wasn't a fun run, I'll just say that. I had a nasty taste in my mouth that was a cross between blood and metallic. And you know that sensation you get in your nose when you feel like you need to sneeze, but you can't? It kinda burns? Yeah, I had that too. And then when I got home, it took me a long time to catch my breath, and I was wheezing for most of the day. I'm hoping this goes away by Saturday, otherwise it'll be a loooooooong day.

Run totals:
Total distance = 3 miles: all running
Total time = 32 minutes

Day 3
Today's schedule calls for 30 minutes of cross-training. Well, I'm choosing to ignore that nice little suggestion, and run 2 miles. I feel like I need to get in as much running this week as possible, so what could it hurt? Famous last words? Possibly. This run felt much like yesterday's run. Same taste in my mouth, same burning feeling in my nose, same wheezing effect/difficulty catching my breath issues as yesterday. I'm starting to get really sick of this. Get it, sick? *rolling eyes*

Run totals:
Total distance = 2 miles: all running
Total time = 19 minutes (personal best)

-Kristin

Wish Joy and me luck for our race on Saturday. I have a feeling I'm gonna need it. :-|

No comments:

Post a Comment