Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week 9 wrap-up & Week 10 so far: Joyful

Okay, I'm sure you've noticed my posts have mysteriously disappeared for about a week.  It's rough, but it's not as bad as it sounds.  I'll just take it day-by day.

Thursday:
Had major car problems (for which we had to end up purchasing a new car for Billy) and had to pack for a trip to OKC for a Librarians' Conference and concert.  I had zero time for a workout.

Friday:
Spent all day in sessions at the conference in downtown OKC.  I managed to walk during the lunch break (found a Subway - BONUS!).  That night was the Muse concert, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to call the hour and a half spent jumping, clapping, and screaming a workout.  The concert was awesome, and my arms and legs were definitely sore afterwards.  We'd also walked from the Ford Center to and from Bricktown for dinner before the show.

Saturday - Monday:
Between a combination of stress (see above regarding the car situation) and an issue with a medication, I hit a wall.  I hit a major depressive slump - and I don't take the word depressive slightly here.  I was completely apathetic about my training, finding a remedy for the car situation, school, etc.  I turned my phone off and could barely drag myself out of bed.  First thing Monday morning I made an appointment with my doctor about the medication in question, and my dosage was changed accordingly.  I already feel a ton better.

Tuesday:
Was planning on doing my five miles, but Billy and I spent the evening at the car dealership getting him a new vehicle (2007 Jeep Compass).

Wednesday:
BACK ON TRACK! Did Thursday's strength training - 15 minutes.  When Billy got back from class, he and I did a walk around the golf course perimeter together, with Bubba in his stroller (lay off - he's old!).

Today!
I just ran my 3 miles!  I ran longer and faster, and I took fewer walking breaks.  Some of the breaks I took, I did so at that point simply because I have taken breaks at that place in the past.  However, I could feel my body telling me that I could SO do more - so I did!  I feel like I might actually be able to do this thing!

I'M BACK, BABY!

Also - running outside is KEY!  I accomplish WAAAY more outside than I ever have on a treadmill!  Just need to remember chapstick!

No comments:

Post a Comment