Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Half Marathon: Kristin (Week 2 - Part 1)

I need to finish up last week's training schedule documentation. Last week was a terrible week for me in so many ways. However, I was able to do my 3 miles on Thursday as scheduled. We also had strength training to do on that day. Here's what I did

Thursday (Week 1):
50 calf raises
50 2-legged bridges
25 squats
10 planks

Run totals:
Total distance = 3 miles: all running
Total time = 30 minutes

Now, for the rest of the week, let's just say it was horrendous. I went to dinner with my husband on Saturday night and got food poisoning. That meant that I was not able to do my 4 mile run on Sunday. I also wasn't able to do the extra cross-training (which I'm substituting with strength training) because of that. I was really busy on Saturday during the day, so I planned on doing it on Sunday. Yeah, that didn't happen. And you know what? I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I was sick, for goodness sakes. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it. I just decided to not worry about it, and take Week 2 as it came.

So, on to Week 2. On Monday, I still wasn't feeling 100%, so I decided to move my stretching and strengthening to Tuesday. I'm glad I did, because I didn't want to push myself too hard, just to be set back again.

I also had a 3 mile run to do on Tuesday. Before the run, I forgot to put on my knee brace. I knew something felt weird about a quarter mile in, and then it hit me that I didn't have my brace on. I felt it, too, after the run was over with. I will not make that mistake again.

Tuesday:
Stretching and strengthening first:
100 oblique crunches
100 calf raises
100 2-legged bridges
50 squats
5 planks
10 minutes stretching

Run totals:
Total distance = 3 miles: all running
Total time = 30 minutes

Today's schedule has us doing a 2 mile run or cross-training. I'm going to do the run. I'll post all the details from that at a later date. I just wanted to catch you up on what's been going on with me.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment