Thursday, November 4, 2010

Taking a Week Off

This week is kind of an in-between week for us. We have 13 weeks until the half-marathon, and our training schedule is 12 weeks long. So, we decided to take a week off. It couldn't have come at a better time for both of us, too. Joy has been really sick this week, possibly with some virus or infection or something. And I hurt my foot after the Tulsa Run. It's still sore, and I'm kind of worried about a possible stress fracture. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it's better by next Monday, that way I can start running on it again. I had planned to run once or twice this week, just 2 or 3 miles. That's not going to happen now. If I have a stress fracture in my foot, that means I'm not going to be able to do the half-marathon. I am praying very hard right now that it's not. It's slowly getting better. It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did on Sunday, so that's good...right? Please keep both Joy and me in your prayers for the next few days. We both need them right now!

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment