Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Half-Marathon Training: Kristin --CATCHING UP

Instead of trying to keep this up daily, like I did the last go 'round, I think I'll just update this at the end of every week. But for this post, I'd like to catch you up on what's been going on with me.

I've been sick...a lot. And it's put a damper on my running/training schedule. I've gotten most of my runs in, but not on the days they're supposed to be on, and I've not been able to do a long run yet. Luckily I trained so intensively for the 15K that I'm going to be fine, but I really can't afford to get sick like this anymore.

My running time has improved with each run, which is nice. I just hope that I stay healthy enough to get in my long run on Sunday. As it stands this week, I haven't done either of my two runs yet. However, I do have Friday and Saturday available to make those up, which is what I intend to do. I know that having an ear infection and bronchitis is probably slowing me down, and it's probably not the smartest thing in the world to keep running. BUT, I don't have time to stop. I can't afford to take any more time off. If I'm going to run this half-marathon, I have to push through this sickness. I'm taking antibiotics, so I figure I'll be fine. And I'm not going to kill myself. Obviously, if it gets worse, I'll take it easy. But I have to at least try.

So there's where I am. My weekly updates will probably not have any times or statistics in them. They'll be like conversations. I think I'll be more apt to keep up with it if it doesn't seem like a job to me. I don't have any time for that, honestly. And I don't have the energy.

There you have it.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment