Monday, December 6, 2010

Half-Marathon: Week 4 Recap (Kristin)

So I finally, FINALLY, got to run each of the four runs this week. That means I did my long run!! Yay! I never thought I'd be cheering at the fact that I ran 5 miles, but I really needed to, and I'm genuinely happy that I did. This week should be much much better for my running schedule. I'm finally on the mend, so I shouldn't need to skip any runs or move them (unless something comes up with the kiddos). Next week will be great, too, but the two weeks after that are going to be a bit of a challenge.

As most of you know, I can only run when both of my kiddos are at school. That leaves me with a 2 hour window, which it's really less than that when you count drive time and shower and lunch. Anyway, in two weeks, both of my kids will be out of school for Christmas break. FOR TWO WEEKS! Most stay-at-home moms would love this, and I normally would, too, except that it throws a wrench into my training schedule. I haven't talked to her about this yet, but I'm hoping my grandma can watch the kids three days for me so I can run. If she can, then everything will be as smooth as peanut butter. If not, then I'm going to have to get really creative, or wake up in the wee hours of the morning and run before the hubby goes to work. I really am hoping she can watch them. (Fingers crossed!)

My times were slower this week than I wanted them to be, but I'm giving myself a break because I've been sick. I'm really just happy that I got to run all four times. Mind you, I did them all four days in a row, which probably wasn't exactly smart, but I needed to get them in, and that was the only way I could do it and not kill myself.

Here's to hoping THIS week is great and my runs are normal/spectacular! :-)

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment