Monday, December 6, 2010

It's been a long time...

I have been terribly neglectful of our training blog.  I apologize to our reader for that.  :)

Like Kristin, even though I haven't been diligent in posting here, I've been doing my workouts.  We've pretty much done away with the idea of mandatory cross-training, but I'm also trying to lose weight, so I'm still doing workouts other than the runs to keep burning calories and include a variety of activities so I don't get bored.

I rode six miles outside on Billy's bike Saturday night.  Despite the cold and wind, it was a lot of fun.  I ended up riding uphill into the wind, which gave me an incredible legs workout.  It worked muscles that running doesn't work, so I think I'm going to try to ride at least once a week.

It's getting pretty chilly here in Oklahoma, so I'm trying to play around with my winter gear so that I'm warm (but not hot) and that I retain freedom of movement.  It's been tricky.  I wore my long tech pants for the first time on yesterday's 5-miler, and they kept falling down every time I'd increase my pace.  Guess I'll be going down a size! 

The marathon is 55 days from today, and with each passing day of training, I am better able to visualize my and Kristin's success!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment